Monday, August 24, 2009

I am Gray Turner

Hi everyone. My name is Gray Turner (though I wholly expect to be called Greg or Gary by most of you at some point). I am a 2008 graduate from the University of Richmond where I majored in English and minored in Classical Civilizations. I have been in DC for a little over a year working for GW's Divison of Development & Alumni Relations (Communications), and I am looking forward to moving soon from Crystal City to Ballston.

I grew up on the Eastern Shore of Maryland in a kind of rural area and miss having a yard, woods to hike around, and being so close to the water. Last year I co-coached a Boys U-11 soccer team in Arlington, but I have to give it up this year for our class schedule.

Publishing was never really a career choice that I considered, but sometimes things just fall the right way for you, even if they're not what you're expecting. I have to admit that I'm pretty pumped about getting back into school environment, especially after looking through the B&JP syllabus. I'm also relieved to see that I'm not the only one in the program with no past publishing experience

I guess more to follow later? Looking forward to meeting everyone.

What I'm reading: Infinite Jest, by David Foster Wallace
What I'm listening to: Kings of Leon

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to plow through Infinite Jest too, it's not easy!

    ReplyDelete